Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturdays In The Fall - Middle Tennessee State vs. Tennessee

So this week's game started at 7pm with the game I actually wanted to watch more starting at 8pm. By my count I would be able to watch the 4th quarter if Tennessee was able to put it away early and the fans left allowing traffic to be light. After getting to campus my dad informed me that we would be able to upgrade our seats with his boss and sit in the Tennessee Terrace for this game. To me that meant one thing, TV's inside a warm atmosphere. I was also pretty excited about getting to check out the new Terrace that had only been open about two years. We got our new tickets and headed to Phillip Fulmer Way to see the Salute to the Hill performed by the band. Something I had forgotten was that the Alumni Band marched in front of the Pride on homecoming weekend so that was something we had to endure.

Once you're out of the Pride, you shouldn't be allowed to march. When was the last time Carl Pickens ran a post route for the Vols?

Once we finally got inside the stadium I was amazed at how large and open the terrace was. HUGE orange shaded pictures lined the inside above the walkway in what seemed like an 80 foot ceiling. My biggest concern was locating the TV's, but while I was looking for that, I noticed an open taco bar. This had to be heaven. Once the game started and it was apparent that Worley was going to throw for nothing short of 500 yards and 8 touchdowns, I decided to just take in the whole experience. I was living with the kings. For one moment I was able to look down on the peasants in the cheap seats and feel like royalty. Once Tennessee had built a comfortable lead I walked outside to see how Alabama was doing. I also wanted to take in the view of Peyton Manning Pass from the large bow window area that hung over Phillip Fulmer Way. I have no idea how much the entire project cost but I do know that it is money well spent.

Glad I was able to enjoy a real game while Tennessee had the exhibition outside. WHERE IS MY TACO?!?!?!

Honestly I couldn't tell you one thing about this week's game. I remember Da'Rick Rogers making a catch that seemed unbelievable and making me wonder why he couldn't have made that catch last week against South Carolina. Worley took a huge step forward all be it against a team that at it's best is still really bad. With Arkansas on the horizon the entire team will need to take another big step forward and hopefully walk into Arkansas poised to snatch up the upset. It was nice to get a win but unfortunately Tennessee is still a really bad football team without Tyler Bray and Justin Hunter. No matter the record though, it's always great to be a Tennessee Vol.

Ain't no smoggy smoke on Rocky Top, ain't alot of wins as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment